BMW MOTORRAD WARRANTY EXTENSION. #WEGOTYOUCOVERED
Your peace of mind is our priority and it doesn’t have to end when your standard warranty is up. The optional BMW Motorrad warranty extension means you still ride away from defect-related repair costs – for up to five years irrespective of KMs. With our extended warranty, you can still take advantage of repairs made after the initial three-year period. The extension begins at the end of the standard warranty period. To qualify for the extended warranty, you must operate your motorcycle appropriately and meet all your scheduled/recommended maintenance, inspection, and service obligations with BMW Motorrad Service Partners. Offer is not valid for BMW Motorcycles used for sporting events.
EXTENDED WARRANTY PACKAGE INFORMATION:
Extended warranty package covers repair work after the standard warranty period for an additional period of 24 months/unlimited KMs.
2. REIMBURSEMENT CONDITION AND SCOPE.
Reimbursement of claims can be availed until the package expires. Cost of repairs that were carried out before purchase of the package are not covered or cannot be refunded.
3. CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITY.
Your bike must be regularly serviced (authorized BMW Motorrad dealer) according to the manufacturer’s requirements. Customers must present the package soft copy certificate and invoice copy provided by the dealer to avail the services as per the respective scope, under the package.
HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM.
Incase of an extended warranty claim, please report to the nearest authorized BMW Motorrad dealer. They will confirm whether the claim and extended warranty are valid and will administer the claim on your behalf.
EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE.
Provided that the terms and conditions of this warranty are met, your extended warranty offers protection against the cost of repairs or replacement of mechanical or electrical components, that suffer a sudden mechanical or electrical failure. Wear and tear or normal deterioration is not covered under the definition of mechanical or electrical failure.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED UNDER EXTENDED WARRANTY.
- Battery replacement.
- Defects caused using non-original BMW spare parts and consumable (lubricants, coolant).
- Repair or results caused by usage of non-original BMW Motorrad accessories.
- Fuel and contamination on the fuel system and consequential damages.
- Electrical damages due to long storage or unit not in operation for long period (includes weathering, rat bites).
- All kind of defects related to ageing and rusting etc.
- Damage to paint finish, body, covers and panels.
- All kinds of glass defects and / or accidental damages (e.g., mirrors, headlight housing, optical distortion, spots, etc.).
- Noises (reduction of comfort e.g., wind, squeaking and rattling noises) that are directly connected to a defective part.
- Tires, wheel balance weights and wheel damage.
- Repairs for which the vehicle user is responsible (engine damage due to deficiency of oil, overdue oil change, participation in race events).
- Climate conditions, flood and / or accidental damages.
- Towing charges or related costs in case of breakdown.
- Wear and tear parts (brake disc, brake pads, clutch plates, rubber parts).
- Consumables (engine oil, coolant, filters, and additive), Bulb, Fuses etc. however, (LED headlight/headlight cover will be covered under extended warranty).
- Adjustment, re-adjustments and adjusting procedure (that are not required in connection with the replacement of a part).
- In the event of an accident rendering, it beyond economical repairs/total loss, extended warranty package will be annulled, and no reimbursement will be made for the remaining period of validity.
- Customers may request the cancellation of the package within 30 days from the date of package activation, provided that no services have been availed on the bike under any scope.
EXTENDED WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Servicing and Service Records: You must follow BMW’s service schedules for this extended warranty to apply and you must also have your motorcycle serviced as per the service schedule indicated by BMW Motorrad. A BMW Motorrad dealer should carry out the servicing, and receipts retained to check the service record in the event of a claim.
- Motorcycle Ownership: The Motorcycle will not be covered by this extended warranty whilst it is owned by a motor trader or garage or associated companies or by the proprietor(s) of such motor trade or garage.
- Applicable for the BS6 Version of BMW G 310 R, G 310 GS and G 310 RR only.
TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP.
If you sell your Motorcycle during the period of extended warranty, you may transfer the benefits of extended warranty to the new motorcycle owner, provided that the motorcycle was sold privately and not through a garage, motor trader, auction, or similar company. To transfer extended warranty, please get in touch with nearest BMW authorized dealer.
BMW Motorrad Extended Warranty program is administered by Corporate Warranties India Private Limited.
Corporate office at 263, First Floor, DLF South Court Mall, Saket, New Delhi 110017, India.